Owner/Partner at David J. Franks Attorney at Law (FRANKS & ROEDER)
- Juris Doctor (JD) University College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa 1989
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) (Agricultural Economics/Financing), University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois.
- U.S District Court, Southern District of Iwoa.
- U.S Central District of Illinois.
- Iowa Bar Association
- Scott County Bar Association
- Quad City Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning
- IRC § 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Business Creation (incorporation, Limited Liability Co.)
- Business Succession Planning
- Commercial Litigation
Key Legal Experience/Career Highlights:
Practice law for 26 years in assisting individuals and families in their estate and business planning.
Worked extensively with family businesses, small business, farmers and agri-businesses.
Prepared hundreds of wills and estate plans for individuals and families.
Transacted hundreds of commercial and residential real estate closings for both buyers and sellers.
Qualified Intermediary services for IRC § 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges.
Represented many clients in contract and commercial litigation.
Advise individuals and businesses in choosing the right business entity for their needs.
Prepare wills, recoverable trusts, and complex estate plans for individuals and families.
Advise farms and business clients with succession planning.
Represent individuals and businesses in litigation and contract disputes.
Probate Administration of Wills in Iowa and Illinois.
Prepare real estate contracts and documents for buyers’ and sellers’.
Community Activities & Community Memberships:
Genesis Health Systems Foundation Executive Board Member
Bettendorf Rotary Club